Hard to believe, but I'm approaching my sixth anniversary on Deviant Art!|
My journey began as a neophyte dabbler in nude self-portraits. As I gathered supporters and honed my craft, I discovered I had a knack for editing. I also came to realize that collaborating with other models was a lot more social than photographing only yours truly. (duh) So I branched out and am truly proud of the work I accomplished with my friends on dA.
In the meantime, and especially this past year, I have connected with a good number of local models who have posed for me in my studio. I take great joy in all aspects of my art -- both meeting and collaborating with local models and editing the captured images into something artistic and memorable.
What makes me happiest is when people add me to their Deviant Watch list. I am thrilled to have recently passed the milestone of 1000 DevWatchers! If you're not already watching me, PLEASE DO.
If you still want to know more about ME, look at my Do's and Don'ts below. And if that doesn't scare the crap out of you, drop me a note. I don't bite... too hard
Hey! Here's an idea! Rather than just thanking people for faving your work, why not take 30 seconds to look at their gallery and fave what you like there? They'll understand you are grateful, but at the same time, you will be encouraging other artists by giving them valuable feedback on which of their creations show the most promise!
Current Residence: Vancouver
Sometimes Residence: LA and NYC
Favourite genre of music: Ambient, Classical, Lounge, Jazz, Intellipop, EDM, North African
Favourite photographer: Arbus, Weber, Gorman, Ritts
Favourite style of art: Realism, Surrealism, Suggestivism
Operating System: Yosemite, baby!
MP3 player of choice: iPad Mini
Favourite cartoon character: Minions!!!
Favorite actors: Kit Harington, Emilia Clarke, Omar Ghazaoui, Rami Malek, Benjamin McKenzie, Jada Pinckett Smith, Morena Baccarin, Cameron Monaghan, Emmy Rossum, William H. Macy, Liev Schreiber, Devon Bagby, Claire Danes, Lena Headey, Ezra Miller, Dylan O'Brien, Brenton Thwaites, Paula Malcomson
Personal Quote: Answer not a fool his folly lest ye also be thought a fool. Haters take note.
How long have you been on DeviantArt? Almost 6 years.
What does your username mean? It means artistic freedom.
Describe yourself in three words. Motivated. Helpful. Creative.
Are you left or right handed? Right.
What was your first deviation? OMG, probably a low-res Photo-Booth photo-manipulation. Long gone -- LOL.
What is your favourite type of art to create? Artistic Nude Photography and Photo-Manipulation.
If you could instantly master a different art style, what would it be? Scenic Painting of Futurescapes
What type of art do you tend to favourite the most? Male Portrait Photography
What are your preferred tools to create art? Photoshop CC 2015, Nikon 810, 70-200m lens, Intuos 5 touch
What is the most inspirational place for you to create art? My studio.
What is your favourite DeviantArt memory? It's gotta be sending notes back and forth with newly made friends on dA keeping me up WAY past my bedtime LOL
|Here's what I like and I don't like....|
- Do talk to me if you are considering doing nude self-portraits for the first time; I like discovering new talent and coaching them.
- Do tell me what you like about my work.
- Do offer constructive criticism if you know better.
- Do let me know if I can help you in your creative quest. I am a great supporter of talent, having launched many careers and promoted many artistic projects in the commercial arena.
- Do +deviantWatch me. If you care, that is.
- Do post art and info about yourself on your own page, so I know who the hell you are. A photo is even better. A photo of your face, that is. If you remain anonymous, I probably won't be in touch. Life is too short.
- Do collect my work and fave what interests you. Sure, why not!
- Do let me know your favorite scotch. I'm rather fixed on Lagavulin. Although I do switch off with 18-year-old Oban to keep it real.
- Don't use, distribute, reblog, copy or repurpose my photos; they are strictly to share with other artists on dA. I am only in this for the art; I don't care about the public, and I don't want my photos appearing anywhere outside dA.
- Don't comment on my dA page with links to your money-making Facebook, Twitter or web page. i'll nuke you.
- Don't collect my images adding crude sexual tags to reference them. The models don't appreciate that, and neither do I. Do I really need to state this??? Come on, guys.
- Don't post personal stuff about me or you -- that's what notes and Skype are for, dweeb.
- Don't post every bloody photo from your shoot; pick the best, edit as required, then show us what you're proud of.
- Don't forget that photos require light, and good photos require contrast.
- Don't post pictures of your cat (or hamster) unless you hire a makeup and hair person and employ proper studio lighting.
- Don't title your photos with just a number; if you don't care that much about them, why should we?
- Don't post your pix with an obstructive watermark if you want me to fave them and watch you. Seriously.
- Don't post your pix in original size on dA. The last thing anybody wants to do is wait 15 seconds for your image to reveal itself. Post in normal 600, 800, 1000 pixel sizes and save the big resolution image for people who buy your prints! Or for me, if we collaborate together. Big file sizes and high resolution are meant for post-production not web viewing!!!
- And most importantly, as you go through life, DON'T BE A FLAKE! www.urbandictionary.com/define…